We are offering a free meditation workshop in Manhattan in March, as part of the March 15-23 Festival of Meditation and Spirituality.
More about meditation, our classes and instructors:
Our free classes offer an introduction to meditation, including guided meditation exercises and visualizations, as well as practical spiritual wisdom for the modern world.
Meditation gives many practical and spiritual benefits, such as greater peace of mind, better concentration and the ability to relax from the stresses of modern life.
Our meditation classes are given by members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre. Our members are drawn from many different walks of life who share a common interest in meditation.
Aspects of Our Meditation Classes:
- Breathing techniques– how to use calming breath to put out the fire of emotions and thoughts.
- Mantra– how to properly use the repetition of spiritually resonant phrases to calm the mind.
- Heart meditation – focusing on the heart center, the safest and most effective energy center (chakra).
- Visualization techniques– guided meditations to invoke a peaceful and expanding inner landscape.
- Illumining life habits– we are often painfully unaware of our own destructive habits and tendencies that continually bring unrest into our lives. Methods for awareness and transformation of bad habits are shared, as well as secrets for maneuvering through a challenging contemporary lifestyle. Tips are shared for more spiritually grounded and productive living. You’ll learn how to get centered in the city.
- Meditation Mantras
- Sport and Meditation
- Evolution of Meditation
- Songs of Peace and Light
- Peace Concert
- Meditation Workshop
- Let’s Meditate NYC
- Concert of Music & Meditation
- The Power Within
- Adventures In Consciousness and the Art and Creativity Workshop
- The Power of Silence meditation workshop
- Play: “Madal Is My Nickname”
- The Poetry of Illumination
- Thomas Jefferson: Light & Liberty
- Siddhartha Becomes the Buddha