Concert of meditation music
The music of Sri Chinmoy arranged and performed by musicians from around the world
Wednesday, April 15, 7:30 p.m.
Baruch Performing Arts Center, Manhattan
You are warmly invited to an evening concert featuring the hauntingly beautiful and uplifting music of composer and spiritual Master Sri Chinmoy. The concert pays tribute to the anniversary of Sri Chinmoy’s global service to humanity, begun when he came to New York from India in April 1964.
We offer FREE meditation classes and workshops in New York City throughout the year:
- Manhattan: Classes offered throughout the year
- Queens: Classes offered on a regular basis
- Staten Island, Bronx and Brooklyn: We occasionally offer meditation classes in Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Bronx
- En Español: Estaremos ofreciendo clases de meditación gratuitas durante todo el año
- বাংলা (in Bengali)
All classes are suitable for beginner and experienced meditators, and are FREE of charge. All classes are given in English, except where noted otherwise.
Who are we?
Our instructors studied meditation with noted spiritual Master Sri Chinmoy for many years.
Our meditation classes are given by members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre – people drawn from many different walks of life who share a common interest in meditation.Instructor bios »
What do we teach in our classes?
- Breathing techniques – how to use calming breath to put out the fire of emotions and thoughts.
- Mantra – how to properly use the repetition of spiritually resonant phrases to calm the mind.
- Heart meditation – focusing on the heart center, the safest and most effective energy center (chakra).
- Visualization techniques – guided meditations to invoke a peaceful and expanding inner landscape.
- Illumining life habits – we are often painfully unaware of our own destructive habits and tendencies that continually bring unrest into our lives. Methods for awareness and transformation of bad habits are shared, as well as secrets for maneuvering through a challenging contemporary lifestyle. Tips are shared for more spiritually grounded and productive living. You’ll learn how to get centered in the city.
Meditation books and CD’s
A definitive guide to meditation
Meditation: Man-Perfection in God-Satisfaction is presented with the simplicity and clarity that is the hallmark of Sri Chinmoy’s writings. This book will take you from the beginning stages of concentration and meditation, through the advanced practice of contemplation.
261 pages, $12
Flute Music for Meditation: These solo flute compositions were played by Sri Chinmoy during a high state of meditation. Herein lies the love, power, wisdom, peace and freedom that can be discovered by listening to his music. This is the perfect ambient music for meditation.