We offer FREE meditation classes and workshops in New York City throughout the year:
En Español: Estaremos ofreciendo clases de meditación gratuitas durante todo el año
All classes are suitable for beginner and experienced meditators, and are FREE of charge. All classes are given in English, except where noted otherwise.
“My New York”
A poetic and photographic tribute in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of Sri Chinmoy‘s arrival in New York City in 1964.
On display through the end of January 2015, on the ground floor of the New York Public Library 96th St. Branch.
112 E. 96th St. (near Lexington)
Upper East Side, Manhattan.
Mon-Thu 10am – 7pm, Fri-Sat 10am-5pm.
What do we teach in our classes?
- Breathing techniques – how to use calming breath to put out the fire of emotions and thoughts.
- Mantra – how to properly use the repetition of spiritually resonant phrases to calm the mind.
- Heart meditation – focusing on the heart center, the safest and most effective energy center (chakra).
- Visualization techniques – guided meditations to invoke a peaceful and expanding inner landscape.
- Illumining life habits – we are often painfully unaware of our own destructive habits and tendencies that continually bring unrest into our lives. Methods for awareness and transformation of bad habits are shared, as well as secrets for maneuvering through a challenging contemporary lifestyle. Tips are shared for more spiritually grounded and productive living. You’ll learn how to get centered in the city.
Meditation books and CD’s
A definitive guide to meditation
Meditation: Man-Perfection in God-Satisfaction is presented with the simplicity and clarity that is the hallmark of Sri Chinmoy’s writings. This book will take you from the beginning stages of concentration and meditation, to through the advanced practice of contemplation.
261 pages, $12
Flute Music for Meditation: These solo flute compositions were played by Sri Chinmoy during a high state of meditation. Herein lies the love, power, wisdom, peace and freedom that can be discovered by listening to his music. This is the perfect ambient music for meditation.