A free outdoor workshop in June, July and August
- Learn practical meditation exercises amidst the beauty of nature.
- Classes are offered in an environment that prioritizes your health and safety.
- Tuesdays July 13, 20, 27, & August 3
- Thursdays July 15, 22, 29, & August 5
As class numbers are limited to comply with current health guidelines, reservations are required.
Please call 212-380-8153 to register.
Garden of Meditation in Flushing Meadows Corona Park (at the corner of Meridian Rd & Avenue of Africa)
Closest subway: Take 7 train to Mets-Willets Point (both the local and express lines stop at Mets-Willets Point). Click here for walking directions from Mets-Willets Point subway station to Garden of Meditation.
About our courses
All our workshops are free of charge. Classes are based upon Sri Chinmoy’s philosophy and his approach to meditation.
“Your mind has a flood of questions. There is but one teacher who can answer them. Who is the teacher? Your silence-loving heart.”
“Do you want to be happy? Then do not overestimate the power of your mind and do not underestimate the light of your heart.”
“Meditation means our conscious growth into the Infinite. When we meditate, what we actually do is enter into a vacant, calm, silent mind and allow ourselves to be nourished and nurtured by Infinity itself.”
Other practical details
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated individuals may safely participate in an outdoor event without having to wear a mask. Non-vaccinated participants are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Please bring your own blanket or outdoor seat cushion if you would like to sit in the grass. Folding chairs will also be available.